MA IN PM & IR
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR PM&IR
Admission to PM&IR programme is open to male and female graduates from any University/Institution recognized by the Utkal University. A candidate tobe eligible to apply for the programme must possess a bachelors’ degree in any discipline (Arts, Science and Commerce) with minimum 50% marks in aggregate in case of General category and 45% in case of SC/ST category. The prevailing University and Government regulations govern the intake of students.
- The minimum percentage of marks will be relaxed to the extent of 5% in the case of children/widow of the ArmedForce personnel killed or disabled in action. Candidates sponsored by Governmental/Non-Governmental Organizations will also be given 5% relaxation. However, there will be no reservation of seats for such candidates.
- Only marks obtained in the Degree examinations will be counted for the purpose of admission and no benefit/ weightage will be given to candidates on the basis of their LL.B/ B.Ed/ Post-Graduate marks.
- While calculating percentage of marks, fraction will be rounded to the nearest integer.
- Sponsored candidates should have a minimum two years paid work experience. A certificate from the agency sponsoring the candidate should be attached with the application form.
- Performance in the first graduate degree examination,
- Written entrance test,
- Group discussion, and
- Panel interview.
- The weightage for academic record shall be 100 and 50 each for Written Test, Group Discussion and Panel Interview. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the aggregate scores.
Career Marking Out of 100 (To be proportionately changed when Career Weightage is not 100%)
|Career||1st||2nd||3rd Div/ Pass / Comp.|
|(Applicable for combined result)||20||20||-|
The written test seeks to ensure that the candidate has at least functional knowledge of English and is aware of contemporary issues. The Group Discussion seeks to ascertain the candidate’s ability to effectively communicate verbally and also to assess his/her ability to contribute ideas towards a meaningful Group Discussion. The Panel Interview is aimed to find the candidate’s aptitude for the course he/she has applied for.
Before the final selection of the candidates, a discussion will be held with the parents/guardians along with the candidates to find out about their perception of and expectation from the course. They will also be given a brief orientation about the course and its requirements.
Candidates seeking admission to M.Com. (F&C) programme should apply in a prescribed form obtainable from the office of the Institute/ City Office on payment of Rs. 200/- (Rupees two hundred) only in cash or by mail on sending a Bank Draft drawn in favour of the Secretary, MIMTS, payable at any Nationalised Bank in Bhubaneswar along with two address slips. The candidate must write his/her full name in the back of the draft and the course applying for.
Last Date for Application
The application form complete in every respect should reach the office of the Principal within 14 days of the publication of the +3 Final Degree Examination results (B.A, B.Sc and B.Com) of the Utkal University. Candidates whose results for qualifying examination are awaited may also apply provisionally. They have to produce their + 3 marks and certificates within 14 days of the publication of their result. Applications received after last date or incomplete application forms shall not be considered. The Institute will not be responsible for postal delay or loss of application form in the transit.
Documents to be submitted with application form
- Mark sheets and certificates of all examinations (self attested)
- Conduct certificate from the Institution/College last attended.
- SC/ST certificate from the competent authority (Collector/ADM/ SDO/Local Gazetted Revenue Officer not below the rank of Deputy Collector/Tahashildar).
- Physical handicapped certificate and ID card issued by District Welfare Officer/ Community Development Officer/ Social Welfare Department of the State Government.
- Sports and Games certificate of participation are required for special weightage consideration from the competent authority (Director of Sports/ Sports Council of Universities counter signed by the Principal of the College).
- Photocopy of the receipt for Rs.200/-, if paid in cash, for the application form.
- Two self-addressed envelope.
- Adhar Card
Confirmation of Admission
The merit list of candidates for admission will be displayed on the notice board of the Institute. The selected candidates will also be intimated individually by post. It is to be noted that the admission offered by the Institute is provisional and is subject to the final approval by the University.
The original documents required at the time of admission are as follows:
- Certificates and mark sheets of all examinations passed till the qualifying examination.
- College Leaving Certificate (to be retained by the Institute).
- University Registration Receipt.
- Migration Certificate (students from other University/Board)
- Relief order from competent authorities (in case of sponsored candidates).
- Eight passport size photographs
- Adhar Card
- The Institute does not give any guarantee for the postal delivery of letters on selection. The candidates are, therefore, advised to make their own arrangements for securing information regarding selection for admission from the office of the Institute.
- No student is permitted to register for any other courses in any Institute or University during the course of study.
- Candidates shall have to take admission within the stipulated time and make full payment of the prescribed fees, after producing required documents, failing which, their claim for admission will be automatically forfeited
- Any misinformation found on verification of the original documents shall lead to cancellation of selection/admission and will be treated as a cognizable offence
Course fee:- MA IN PM & IR: 80,000/- Per Annum
- The course fee excludes all other University fees such as examination fee, sports fee, registration fee, caution money, study circle fee etc.
- Industrial visits, summer training etc. is compulsory and the expenses are to be borne by the students only.
Some Important Notes:
- Candidates failing to take admission within the stipulated time shall forfeit their claim.
- In case of any dispute in respect of the stipulations made in this prospectus and admission of students, the decision of the Admission Committee of the Institute is final and binding.
- All correspondences in connection with admission or any matter relating to programme should be addressed to the Principal, MIMTS, Khordha.